This extended two week working meeting on the Machine Detector Interface (MDI) of the FCC-ee collider will take place at CERN, from 9 to 20 September, as a next step after the publication of the CDR.
The goal of this working meeting by the core MDI team is to progress on the mechanical design and integration of the interaction region layout including the MDI area, as a natural follow up to the conceptual design phase.
Present optics and beam dynamics studies will be discussed with the goal of reviewing and, if necessary, improving the design and progressing with more and more realistic simulations.
During the event the following topics will be addressed:
- Mechanical integration of the baseline design
- Mechanical stabilization and alignment
- Assembly concept
- Heat load evaluation with HOM analysis in the MDI area
- Final Focus quadrupole design
- IR optics with 4 IPs
- IR layout
- Synchrotron Radiation in the MDI area: characterization, impact on detectors and mitigation
- Beam dynamics studies, including beam backgrounds
- Luminosity measurement
The working meeting will start on Monday 9 after lunch and will end on Friday 20 and it will be organized with presentations in the morning to open the discussion on various topics, and time for dedicated individual work plus group discussions in the afternoon.