January 17th, 2020 afternoon (14:00-19:00)
PostgreSQL Meetup at CERN (Geneva)
⚠ Registration is now closed. CERN employees can still come without register. webcast will be live and doesn't require registration.
Hosted by CERN
Speakers - Talks:
- Pavlo Golub - Professional PostgreSQL scheduling made easy
- Anastasia Lubennikova - Advanced PostgreSQL Backup and Recovery methods
- Gülçin Yıldırım - Evolution of Fault Tolerance in PostgreSQL
- Oleg Bartunov - All You Need Is Postgres !
- Vik Fearing - Advent of Code Using PostgreSQL
- Romuald Thion - PostgreSQL at the university : some lessons learned
Please, note that
- There's no special visit organized for the participants but if you come in the morning you should be able to visit the permanent exhibitions that are opened to the public: https://visit.cern/exhibitions/opening-hours and you may book in advance for an open visit: http://visit.cern/tours/guided-tours-individuals
- The seats are limited and access badges will be prepared for attendees, so register only when you are sure to come and cancel if you can't. And don't forget the visitor badge when you come.
- You will be able to follow the event remotely: https://webcast.web.cern.ch/event/770/camera-slides
- This website is provided by Indico - an open-source event management system developed at CERN with Python and PostgreSQL.