We have a variety of accommodation possibilities in Helsinki. Please book early as the rooms are subject to availability and the allotments will expire ~1month before the meeting.
Cancellation terms might be different in each hotel. Please check the terms when booking your hotel room. All prices are per room per night and include breakfast as well as VAT.
Here is a list of a few hotels nearby (Options 1 and 2 with special allotment/rates).
1) Hotel Arthur ***
Very close to central campus (event venue) and central railway station. Details on contingent of single rooms below (Standard twin rooms for single use 110.00 €/room/night). 5 minutes walk from venue.
2) Töölö Towers
University-owned short-term accommodation. Known for its good breakfast buffet. Details on contingent of single rooms below (Special rate: 85 €/single room/night; also studios available). 15 minutes from venue (tram+walk).
3) Both Helsinki (former Hostel Academica) ***
Recently refurbished, single rooms with kitchenettes. Details on contingent of single rooms below (Special rate: 59 €/single room/night +5.50 € for breakfast); shared hostel rooms also available. 15 minutes from venue (tram+walk)
4X: If you want to stay beyond the VBS meeting and are looking for something special: Major ferry operators usually have extremely good offers that time of the year for mini-trips to Tallinn/Stockholm (can go as low as 15 EUR for a cabin overnight to Tallinn, day in Tallinn, return in the afternoon).
1) Hotel Arthur (allotment valid until 5 February [gradually reducing before, already])
Allotment code: VBSCAN2020; Arrival date: 19.2.2020; Departure date: 21.2.2020: Standard twin rooms for single use 110.00 €/room/night
Every guest will make the reservation individually with the above mentioned allotment code. Reservations by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or by telephone +358-9-173 441. The sales department is open from 08 a.m. till 5 p.m. (Fridays from 08 a.m. till 4 p.m.).
If the guest will arrive after 6 p.m. he/she should provide valid credit card details (i.e. credit card holder, credit card number and expiry date) to guarantee the late arrival.
2) Töölö Towers (allotment valid until 19 January)
Instructions how to book from allotment VBSCAN2020 from 19th to 21st of February 2020:
• send your reservation to firstname.lastname@example.org latest 19th of January 2020.
• inform guest name
• inform arrival and departure dates (check-in 15.00 on day of arrival, check-out 11.00 on day of departure)
• inform that you wish to make a reservation from the allotment ”VBSCAN2020”
• allotment size is 15 single rooms
• reservations can be made until 19th of January 2020. Reservation will be confirmed upon availability in the allotment, wait for confirmation.
• single room rate for period 19.-21.2.2020 85e/night incl. buffet breakfast
• we require credit card details, after you have made the booking you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail from Mews systems (sender Töölö Towers). Please fill out your profile including credit card details. We will make a preauthorization of the first night and if it is successful you will receive a final confirmation with arrival instructions.
3) Both Helsinki (allotment valid until 10 January)
The reservations can be made via email email@example.com with the code "HYWORKSHOP". After the booking is confirmed they will send a separate confirmation email with a link to the online check in. There guest can fill in the personal information and provide the credit card details. They will charge the reservation 24hours before the booking starts. The cancellation or modification is not possible after they have charged the credit card.