As electronic collaboration patterns evolve, we must think of adequate new calculus in document protection that neither draws new security gaps nor limits the casual editing and collaboration tools in the name of data protection.
Most of the existing document encryption schemes do not provide all deliverables important in keeping the process agile yet backed up on the security side. Electronic documents can be protected by the standard secure AES encryption, but sharing of the data necessary for decryption via insecure channels or preliminary decryption in plain sight in a public cloud seems to make the efforts futile.
With a brand new Private Rooms technology, ONLYOFFICE attempts at creating a safe space for documents where every bit of information is encrypted end-to-end, securely shared at any scale with no complication in user experience, and is ultimately collaboration-ready.
The talk will cover the following topics:
· Evolution of the document encryption approach in ONLYOFFICE,
· Chosen principles and methods of document encryption in the present scheme,
· Mechanics of file sharing and collaboration,
· Allocation of Private Rooms within the user environment,
· Application of the technology in existing integration scenarios,
· Future steps.