We want to hold the school in safe conditions during the present COVID-19 period. For this, we strictly follow the related Lithuanian national and local rules that will be valid at the time of the school.
As you will certainly understand, CERN cannot predict the spread of the virus or the evolution of event or travel restrictions, airline polices or flight/public transport cancellations. Your participation in the school is at your own risk and, in particular, CERN and Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) are not responsible for any costs associated with early departure from or termination of the school, travel, quarantine, medical treatment or any other consequences resulting from being infected or a close contact during or in connection with participation in the school. Please ensure you have the necessary travel and medical insurance in place to cover your attendance.
This page will contain a detailed COVID-19 prevention plan for the school, based on KTU instructions and Lithuanian rules, and taking into account specific requirements of the school.
It’s important to note that the national or local rules might become stricter as the situation evolves; in which case the following school sanitary measures will be adapted accordingly.
Details will be decided and announced in due time. The following list outlines the measures and rules that are likely to be put in place:
- An EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate, Lithuanian National Certificate or equivalent document will be required to attend the school in person. Your certificate must be valid for the entire duration of the school, and will be checked regularly.
- Not all vaccines are recognised for the EU COVID-19 Certificate. Please make sure that your vaccine is! Otherwise, you will be required to organize regular testing at your own expense to keep a valid certificate for the entire duration of the school.
Information about the vaccines can be found here: https://eimin.lrv.lt/en/important-information-for-business-on-coronavirus-3/national-certificate
- Presently (as of Jan 2022), when you’re not vaccinated or recently recovered from Covid, you are required to quarantine for 7 days when you arrive in Lithuania. You cannot attend the school while you are in quarantine.
Information about entry restrictions to Lithuania: https://www.lithuania.travel/en/news/covid-19-in-lithuania-information-for-tourists?fbclid=IwAR2ibYJlSEwrmK--MbhzDIab9RFteJib-xpvPe4DzTl7fEAM2yk-lXPjdak
- Participants with COVID-19 symptoms (including fever, cough or respiratory problems) will be asked not to travel to Kaunas, and will not be allowed to attend the school.
- Rapid auto-test will be available on a voluntary basis to all participants, including those with a valid EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate. The goal is to reassure participants and personnel, as well as to identify any infected persons as quickly as possible. Please note: these tests are not valid for obtaining an EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate.
- In specific cases, taking a COVID-19 test and presenting a negative result may be required by the school organiser, by the hosting institute or by the local authorities.
- Participants will be required to follow standard COVID-19 sanitary measures that are based on national and local regulations. These measures will include respecting physical distancing, wearing masks in specific situation or at all times, washing/disinfecting hands etc.