Welcome to the 43rd CERN School of Computing (CSC 2022)! The school will take place from 4 to 17 September in the beautiful city of Kraków, Poland.
The two-week programme consists of more than 50 hours of lectures and hands-on exercises, covering three main themes: physics computing, software engineering, and data technologies. Students who pass the final optional exam will receive a diploma from CSC, as well as ECTS credits from AGH University.
However, it's not all study; the social and sport programme is also a vital part of the School. We will have ample opportunities to explore and experience some of the great cultural, historical and natural attractions of Kraków and its region.
Applications are now closed.
- late March - applications open
- Sunday 8 May (midnight UTC+2 / CEST) - deadline for applications
- Thursday 9 June - invitations sent to the selected participants
- Sunday 3 July - registration fee payment deadline
- Sunday 4 September (afternoon/evening) - student arrivals at Novotel Kraków City West
- Saturday 17 September (morning) - departure
Who can apply?
The School is aimed at postgraduate (ie. minimum of Bachelor degree or equivalent) students, engineers and scientists with a few years' experience in particle physics, in computing, or in related fields. We welcome applications from all countries and nationalities. Limited financial support may be available.