If you have received an Invitation Letter, you will be required to pay the school's registration fee. The deadline for payment of the fee is:
Sunday 3 July 2022
If you have been offered a place at the school and we have not received your fee by this date, you risk losing your place at the school and it being offered to another applicant.
The total fee of the School is 1300 EURO per participant for accommodation in a shared twin room, and 1750 EURO per participant for accommodation in a single room.
The fee covers:
- Handouts and a welcome pack.
- Accommodation from arrival day Sunday 4 September, to departure day Saturday 17 September.
- All meals, including breakfast, lunches, dinners and coffee breaks; starting with the dinner on Sunday 4 September, to the final meal of breakfast on Saturday 17 September.
- All organized social activities (excursions, sport, special dinners, etc.) of which details will be given at a later time.
The fee does NOT cover:
- Travel expenses from the participants' home location or working place to the school location in Kraków and back.
- The cost of a Poland visa when required.
- Any extra cost incurred during the stay (including private excursions, private expenses at the hotel and in the campus, private transport costs, private meals, etc.).
- Any cost incurred by a participant not following the official excursion or social programme (e.g. meal cost of a participant not attending an excursion which includes a meal).
- Any other expenses not explicitly mentioned are not included in the fee.
The School will neither arrange accommodation nor will cover any cost associated to extended stay of the students in Kraków. Participants arriving before Sunday 4 September or leaving after Saturday 17 September morning will have to organize themselves their extended stay. If you wish to stay at Novotel before September 4 or after September 17, please book a room directly at the hotel.
In some cases (eg. applications from developing countries), applicants may be considered for financial support towards the School fee.
Please note that any consideration of support depends on your specific circumstances, as well as how many requests we receive. Therefore we cannot - and will not - provide you an estimate before you have applied to attend the School.
If you wish to make a request for financial support, please submit your complete CSC 2022 application, and send an e-mail to Computing.School@cern.ch (before Sunday 8 May) to make an official request, explaining why you wish to be considered for financial support.
Please note we are not able to consider an applicant's suitability or eligibility without a complete application, including the supporting Reference Letter from your professor or supervisor.
There are two ways to pay:
- TID - for participants located at CERN and/or with CERN internal transfer capabilities.
- Bank transfer - for participants external to CERN and/or with no CERN internal transfer capabilities.
TID and bank transfer details will be provided to accepted applicants in their Invitation Letters.