24th IPPOG meeting
The 24th IPPOG Collaboration Meeting will take place from Wednesday, 26th to Friday, 28th of October 2022 at CERN, in conjunction with the 25th Anniversary Symposium, held on Saturday, 29th October.
- Special Masterclass: https://indico.cern.ch/e/ippog-wit-mc2022
- Collaboration Meeting: https://indico.cern.ch/e/ippog-2022-autumn
- Collaboration Board: https://indico.cern.ch/e/ippog-cb-2022-autumn
- 25th Anniversary Symposium: https://indico.cern.ch/e/ippog25
The meeting will be held at CERN in 160/1-009 (ALICE meeting room). Zoom connections will be established to allow for the participation of people unable to attend in presence, but we encourage your physical presence, especially for the Symposium.
Anja Kranjc Horvat and Ruadh Duggan will show the activity they developed for Science Gateway. Specifically, it's an interactive science show on Detectors, called Seeing the invisible, where they typically show the students how a CMS detector works.
Please book your flight and accommodations to stay through Saturday. The Symposium will conclude at lunch time.
Please mind the following points to help run the meeting smoothly:
- When connecting to Zoom, please switch off your camera and mute your microphone. If you want or are asked to intervene, unmute your microphone. If network allows and you don’t run into privacy issues, you can also switch on your camera when speaking.
- For questions/comments please raise your hand! The Chair(s) will monitor the hands and pass you the word at the appropriate time.
- The chat box will also be monitored in case you want to write a question/comment or if there are difficulties with the system
Working Groups are encouraged to set up meetings beforehand, either remotely or at CERN. We will post the dates/times/agenda here.
- Applications for Society WG: Mon, 24 Oct, 11:00 CEST
- Expanding Masterclasses WG: Mon, 24 Oct, 15:00 CEST
- Explaining Particle Physics to a Lay Audience WG: No meeting
- Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility WG: Wed, 12 Oct, 14:00 CEST
- Exhibitions & Public Events WG: No meeting
- International Masterclasses SG: Wed, 26 Oct, 14:00 CEST
Global Cosmics SG: Wed, 26 Oct, 15:30 CEST(Cancelled)
Panel Discussion / Workshop
This meeting's panel discussion will focus on considering educational support, such as Masterclasses, for future installations. It will feature panelists Matthew McCullough (FCC), Linda Cremonesi (DUNE), Daniel Schulte (Muon Collider) and Naomi Dinmore (producer of podcast on past hadron colliders).
Event's photos are available here: