23rd IPPOG meeting
The 23rd IPPOG Collaboration Meeting will take place from Wednesday 11th to Friday 13rd of May 2022 at Podgorica, Montenegro.
- Collaboration Meeting: https://indico.cern.ch/e/ippog-2022-spring
- Collaboration Board: https://indico.cern.ch/e/ippog-cb-2022-spring
The meeting will be held in Podgorica, Montenegro. Zoom connections will be established during certain times to allow for the participation of people unable to attend in presence. But we encourage your physical presence.
- Click on Videoconference (left)
There will be an excursion "Discover Old Royal Montenegro" on Friday afternoon, following the Collaboration Board. Please indicate your participation in the Registration form. Cost is 70 EUR if less than 16 attend. 60 EUR if more.
Please book your hotel room ASAP by contacting Mr. Jovan Vuković <Jovan.Vukovic@cue-hotels.com>.
Please mind the following points to help run the meeting smoothly:
- When connecting to Zoom, please switch off your camera and mute your microphone. If you want or are asked to intervene, then unmute your microphone. If network allows and you don’t run into privacy issues, you can also switch your camera, as usually people like to see who is speaking.
- For questions/comments please raise your hands! The Chair(s) will monitor the hands and pass you the word at the appropriate time.
- The chat box will also be monitored in case you want to write a question/comment or are difficulties with the system
- Applications for Society WG: Thu, 5 May, 15:15 CEST
- Masterclasses to New Countries WG: Thu, 5 May, 16:00 CEST
- Explaining Particle Physics to a Lay Audience WG: Fri, 6 May, 10:00 CEST
- Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility WG: Mon, 9 May, 10:00 CEST
- Global Cosmics SG: Wed, 11 May, 9:00 CEST
- International Masterclasses SG: Wed,11 May, 10:30 CEST
Panel Discussion / Workshop
A panel discussion / Workshop on Masterclasses for different targets will be held, to help celebrate Higgs@10 and 2022 IYBSSD – International Year of Basic Science for Sustainable Development.
We will divide into groups and roll up our sleeves, so please come with questions and ideas. Potential targets:
- MC for the classroom (given by teachers and lasting 45 mins)
- MC for the general public (via Zoom or at public events)
- MC for the media (even simpler, but still engaging!)