The 2023 XQCD PhD school is an accompanying event to the 19th International Conference on QCD in Extreme Conditions (XQCD 2023).
The school will take place from 23 to 25 of July 2023 at the Department of Physics of the University of Coimbra, Portugal.
The school will feature block lectures 6 x 45min covering four cutting edge research topics centred on topics covered in the XQCD conference, providing an in-depth review of these fields for PhD students:
- Lattice QCD
- Neutron stars & multi-messenger physics
- QCD at finite temperature and density
- QCD in relativistic heavy-ion collisions
The lectures will be given by internationally recognized theoretical physicists:
- Wojciech Florkowski - Jagiellonian University (confirmed);
- Kenji Fukushima - University of Tokyo (confirmed);
- Maria Paola Lombardo - INFN, Firenze (confirmed);
- Carolyn Raithel - Princeton University (confirmed).
Application for participation until: May 1 2023
Notification of acceptance: May 15 2023
A recommendation letter from the PhD supervisor is prerequisite for the application.
There will be no participation fee.
Registration has been opened on March 1 2023.