The conference will be held in the Jocelyn Bell Burnell Lecture Theatre on the ground floor of the Schuster Building at the University of Manchester. The main entrance to the Schuster Building is on the south side of the building. The route through the building to get to the lecture theatre is depicted below (follow the purple arrow):
Participants are expected to arrange their own accommodation in Manchester. Convenient hotels nearby include:
- ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street
- The Pendulum Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Princess Street
- ibis Manchester Portland Street
- Manchester Upper Brook Street Travelodge
- Hyatt Regency. Here a limited number of rooms are available at a discounted rate for conference participants - visit the linked page, click on 'Book Now', then in 'Special Rate' choose 'Corporate Code'. The code to use is 138884.
- Hotel Brooklyn Manchester
- Leven Manchester
- Motel One
The city centre can be reached from Manchester Airport by train, by tramway, or by bus.
Trains travel to the central train station, Manchester Piccadilly, which is at 20-minute walking distance from Schuster Building. Selected trains also stop at Manchester Oxford Road station, which is closer to the University. The tramway from the airport is slower than the train, but travels more frequently and stops at multiple locations in the city centre. Train tickets can be purchased at the Airport’s train station, bus tickets can be purchased on board, the tram is paid by tapping a credit card at the dedicated place outside of every stop.
The train and the tram service from the airport stop around midnight, after which the centre can be reached through public transportation with the Stagecoach bus 43. Alternatively, both Uber and black cabs are present and cost approximately £35 for a trip to the centre.