There will be an organised trip to Jodrell Bank Observatory on the morning of Thursday 23rd November.
The bus will leave from the bus stop near the Schuster building (see here) at 9am on Thursday - please be there before 9am!
The anticipated programme is as follows:
- 9am Meet at bus stop near Schuster Building (see above!)
- 10am Arrival at Jodrell Bank
- 10.35am Private Showing of Introductory Films
- 11:00am Jodrell Bank Exhibition
- 11:30am Self Guided Walk to Telescope and Space Pavilion
- 12:15pm Lunch at First Light Pavilion Café
- 1.00pm Leave Jodrell Bank
- 2.00pm Return to Schuster Building
Aside from this, there is also the possibility for participants to visit the Manchester Museum on the evening of Wednesday 22nd November, since the museum is open until 9pm on Wednesdays. The museum is 4 minutes walk from the Physics Department. The museum is free to enter - if you would like to visit the "Golden Mummies of Egypt" Exhibit you should book a ticket here (also free).