Royal Holloway, University of London
Egham Hill, Surrey
Directions using all modes of transport to Royal Holloway and Campus Map.
From London: there are frequent trains from London Waterloo and Clapham Junction to Egham.
From Egham railway station, it is a ~15 minute walk (directions) to Campus.There is a shuttle bus service for the conference running between campus and Egham station at the times shown below; alternatively, it is a 5-6 GBP cab ride.
- Egham station to RHUL: 9:35, 10:05, 10:35 11:05, 11:35. 12:05, 12:35. 13:05 and 13:35
- RHUL to Egham station: 18:35, 19:05, 19:35, 20:05 and 20:35
- Egham station to RHUL: 8:05, 8:35, and 9:05
- RHUL to Ascot (Conference Dinner): 18:45
- Ascot to RHUL: 22:00, 22:30, 22:30, 22:45 and 23:00
- Egham station to RHUL: 8:05, 8:35 and 9:05
RHUL to Egham station:13:05, 13:35, 14:05, 14:35, 15:05, 16:35, 17:05 and 17:35
For those arriving by car, parking is available in car parks 4 and 12 (see campus map and follow the signs). No permit is required.
- Registration, exhibition, coffee/tea breaks, and lunch will be in the Windsor Building foyer (#2 on the campus map)
- Plenary sessions are in the Windsor building auditorium (ground floor)
- Parallel sessions are in the Windsor building rooms A-E (ground and 1st floor)
- The STFC Town Hall meeting will be in the Boilerhouse (#14 on the campus map)
- The HEPP and APP group meetings will be held in the Windsor building room 0-03 during lunch on Tues. and Wed. respectively
- There will be a reception on Monday evening (April 7) following the conference in the Picture Gallery in the Founder's Buiiding (#1a on the campus map)
- There will be a banquet on Tuesday evening (April 8) following the conference at Ascot Racecourse.
- Eduroam users: attendees with access to Eduroam should be able to use the campus wide Eduroam network
- Local wireless internet: guest network access is available using the CampusNet network, login information can be found on the back of your conference badge. This network is available in the meeting rooms and in the on-campus accommodation.
- Wired connections: if needed, we can provide these in the Physics Dept., please see the registration desk. Wired connections are available in the on-campus accommodation.
- Working space: available on request in the Tolansky & Wilson Laboratories (Physics buildings) - please see the organisers for details, and booking a room.
The banquet will be held at Ascot Racecourse. Transport will be provided to and from Ascot Racecourse: buses will run from campus to Ascot at 6:45 pm, departing from the campus bus stop opposite to carpark 12. Buses will return to campus departing from Ascot at 10 pm, 10:30 pm, 10:45 pm, and 11 pm.
Ascot is also accessible from central London on the Waterloo-Reading rail line (schedule here).
Parking at Ascot is available in Ascot car parks 3 and 4.
Restaurants and Pubs
- Reviews of local establishments by the bon vivants of the RHUL Centre for Particle Physics can be found here
On-Campus Accommodation and Luggage
- if you have booked on-campus accommodation you can check-in at the conference registration in the Windsor Building on Monday, Apr. 7 from 10:30-18:30. After this, check-in will be at the Hub reception (open 24 hours). You can return your keys at the Hub or at the conference registration on Wednesday, Apr. 9 before 12 pm.
- Luggage storage space is available on Monday, Apr. 7 and Wednesday, Apr. 9 in Windsor Building room 0-05. This room will remain locked, please ask a conference assistant for access.
If you have any other queries please ask at the registration desk or any members of Royal Holloway staff attending the conference. They can be identified by bright orange badge and/or shirt.