This workshop will be dedicated to electronic issues for upgrades, focusing on subjects where common features or developments are likely. Developments for upgrades for proton-proton and heavy ion running for Phase I and for high luminosity LHC (HL-LHC) will be included.
The following main areas will be covered:
* Front-end electronics development for Phase I and HL-LHC,
* Electronics systems for triggering and DAQ at Phase I and HL-LHC, including level-1 tracking trigger and the use of modular electronics standards such as xTCA,
* Optical and electrical links,
* Power distribution and low power design techniques,
* Progress on upgrades for HL-LHC.
The oral presentations will be made by invitation. A poster session will be organised for which abstracts will have to be submitted on the indico page. More details can be obtained in contacting a member of the programme committee:
Marco Dallavalle (INFN Bologna)
Philippe Farthouat (CERN - co Chair)
Alex Grillo (UC Santa-Cruz)
Geoff Hall (Imperial College London)
Magnus Hansen (CERN - co Chair)
Francesco Lanni (BNL)
Wesley Smith (Wisconsin)
Stefano Veneziano (INFN Roma)
Administrative assistance will be provided by Evelyne Dho
Registration is free (except for the conference dinner), but participants must register online before 08 March 2014.
CERN hostel https://edh.cern.ch/Hostel
Further information and news on the workshop are available at: