- there are convenient connections by public transport (max 30 min) between CERN and Geneva (Airport, city center, main train station)
- if travelling by public transport, please alight at the "CERN" bus/tram stop
- if you arrive by plane, you can collect a free ticket when leaving the luggage pick-up area. The bus Y in the direction of Val-Thoiry goes directly to CERN
- on week days, there is a regular and free shuttle bus between CERN and the Airport (details)
- if you arrive during CERN Reception (building 33) working hours (Mon-Fri: 8:00-17:45; Sat: 8:30-17:15), pick up your card at the CERN Reception desk
- if you arrive outside of the CERN Reception working hours, go to the Gate B (open 24/24) to pick up your card.
- the Hotel Reception and meeting rooms are located within a walking distance of 700 m from Gate B/CERN Reception - indicate in the form if such a walk is a problem for you
- if you arrive by car (and register it using the registration form), you are allowed inside the CERN site and can use the on-site parking freely
- passport (ID for EU citizens) is required
- taxis are allowed to enter the CERN site, but you must first pick up the access card (from Gate B or CERN reception, building 33).
if you are not staying at the CERN Hotel, please be aware that you also need to pick up the access card at the CERN Reception - you should arrive well in advance on Monday morning
At the CERN site
- restaurants and cafeterias are available (see meals/food below)
- cash machines, bank, post office and shop can be found in building 500
- all the venues are within walking distance
- WiFi is available throughout the CERN site after registration - details will be sent to the participants prior to the meeting.
- you are welcome to take pictures at any time in any place
- all meals are at attendees expense
on-site restaurants serve lunches, breakfasts and dinners, opening hours:
- Mon-Fri: 7am – 12am, serving meals: 11:30am-2:15pm & 6pm – 10pm
- Sat -Sun: 7am – 10pm , serving meals: 11:30am-2:00pm & 6pm – 8pm
- coffee and light snacks are available in meeting building and many cafeterias at the venue
- on-site restaurants, cafeterias and shop accept cash only (preferably CHF but also EURO)