Padova, June 18th 2014
we have the pleasure to announce the "Second SaporeGravis Workshop (SGW 2014)", which will be held in Padova (Italy) from Tuesday December 9 at 2:00 pm to Friday December 12 at 1:00 pm. SaporeGravis is a networking of the I3 Hadron Physics program. This is the indico link of the workshop.
The long term goal of the heavy ion experiments at relativistic energies is to provide a precise characterization of the high-density, high-temperature phase of strongly interacting matter. The first LHC heavy ion collisions in November 2010 opened a new era in this field of subatomic physics. Outstanding open questions on the parton–hadron transition, the nature of confinement and of QCD matter at high temperature are being addressed. Open and hidden heavy flavours are among the most promising probes of deconfined QCD matter. In this workshop, the results from the LHC Run-1 (2010-2013), as well as the recent result from RHIC, will be reviewed and discussed with theory and experiment experts. The working groups of the network are preparing a scientific publication that will review what we have learned with heavy flavour and quarkonium probes at RHIC and LHC in the recent years.
The workshop will include an opening session and five half-day sessions organized by each working group:
- Open Heavy Flavour, conveners Andrea Dainese (email@example.com), Pol-Bernard Gossiaux (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Diego Stocco (email@example.com)
- Quarkonia, conveners: Roberta Arnaldi (firstname.lastname@example.org), Torsten Dahms (Torsten.Dahms@cern.ch) and Elena G. Ferreiro (email@example.com)
- Cold nuclear matter effects, conveners: François Arleo (firstname.lastname@example.org), Cynthia Hadjidakis (Cynthia.Hadjidakis@cern.ch), Philippe Rosnet (email@example.com)
- Soft and hard diffraction at LHC, conveners: Guillermo Contreras (firstname.lastname@example.org), Joakim Nystran (Joakim.Nystrand@cern.ch), Rainer Schicker (email@example.com)
- Future upgrade programs and experiments, conveners: Anton Andronic (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jean-Philippe Lansberg (email@example.com), Raphael Tieulent (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interested participants are encouraged to provide inputs by contacting the conveners of the working groups by September 15, 2014.
We encourage you to register on-line (http://indico.cern.ch/event/sgw2014) as soon as possible. Thanks to the sponsorship of the Hadron Physics 3 programme, INFN - Sezione di Padova, the Department of Physics and Astronomy of the Padova University and IN2P3/Subatech, there is no registration fee. Some support is available for travel or local expenses of participants that do not belong to an institute of the SaporeGravis network (please contact email@example.com as soon as possible). The registration will close on October 15, 2014.
Please circulate this announcement to your research groups.
Looking forward to seeing you in Padova next December,
The Local Organizing Committee