The main workshop will run from September 2. - 4. 2015 in Saariselkä, Finnish Lapland at Lapland Hotel Riekonlinna.
Participants are requested to book their room directly with the Hotel by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate the code "MeVarc 2015 workshop" in the email subject.
Price per night (breakfast included)
|Standard single room||87 EUR|
|Standard double room*||95 EUR|
|Single room with sauna||100 EUR|
|Double room* with sauna||108 EUR|
|Holiday apartment (43,5m2)||226 EUR|
* It is also possible to share a double room (twin), please contact us if you do not have a specific roommate.
Prior to the main workshop, September 1st 2015, a mini-school on modeling surface (electrode) evolution processes relevant to electrical breakdown phenomena will be organized in Helsinki. The mini-school will be located at the Department of Physics of the University of Helsinki (Physicum, Kumpula campus, Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2a).
Accomodation for this event must be booked separately. We encourage making reservations well in advance. Some possibilities are:
- Hotel Ava, walking distance (~1km) from the mini-school venue (~80 EUR)
- Cumulus Kaisaniemi, downtown Helsinki, tram to mini-school venue (~110 EUR)
- Hotel Arthur, downtown Helsinki, tram to mini-school venue (~130 EUR)
- Cheapsleep Helsinki, hostel
You can use the Journey planner to check the easiest way to reach the mini-school venue. Tickets for public transportation can be purchased on the busses/trams, or for slightly cheaper at ticket vending machines found at some stops.