Parton Showers, Event Generators and Resummation 2015
The easiest way to reach Kraków is by air. The local airport is called John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice and is located near Kraków, in the village of Balice, 11 km (6.8 mi) from the city centre.
At the airport there are: currency exchange offices, a cash machine and a car rental agency.
From the Kraków Airport you can reach the town by:
» taxi (recommended)
- Kraków Airport Taxi service is the official partner of John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice - the fare for a ride from the airport to The Florianska Gate (in the city center) is approximately 70 PLN (i.e. about 16 EUR) and you can pay by cash or by electronic card.
- There are several taxi companies operating in Kraków (e.g. Megataxi +48 12 19 625 -> 33 PLN cash i.e. about 8EUR). They can be identified by the company names or phone numbers (such as +48 12 19*** for mobile phones) marked on the vehicles. You can pay by credit card and, in most of the taxies, also by electronic card. So to be sure, ask about the payment methods while calling or entering a taxi. These taxis have to be ordered by a telephone call.
- There is also another options you can chose - iCar, and then the fare approximately is 36 PLN (i.e. about 9 EUR) but you can pay only by cash.
» city bus (price 4.00 PLN, i.e. about 1 EUR) from the bus stop near the International Terminal T1 to the Main Railway Station/Bus Station, Agglomeration Bus Lines: 208, 292 or 902 (night bus); see bus connection and bus timetable and agglomeration ticket prices.
Bus tickets can be purchased from:
- the bus driver, in case of lack or failure of ticket machine (single tickets only, payment in cash - the exact amount of money)
- the authorized ticket machines found on 292 line buses (payment in cash – coins only),
- RELAY newsagent located in terminal T1 and T2,
- the ticket machine at the bus stop (payment in cash or with credit/debit card).
Note: The ticket must be validated when getting on the bus.
The other option is to fly to Katowice-Pyrzowice airport and take a bus to Krakow. Buses operate regularly, the trip takes about an hour and costs about 50 PLN.
To get more information take a look at: www.katowice-airport.com
The Central Railway Station and Kraków's regional coach station are situated in the city centre, which is approximately a 15-minute walk from the Main Square. The train timetable is available here and the bus timetable - here.
Car access to the Centre of Kraków is restricted and parking is paid and difficult. It may be convenient to stay at one of the hotels in the outer parts of the city. In any case, it is recommended to enquire about parking options at the hotel.