Fundamental questions in neutrino physics such as the existence of leptonic CP violation, the Majorana nature of neutrinos or the origin of neutrino masses and mixings could have essential implications in other areas of high energy physics, from collider physics to indirect searches for new physics, as well as in our understanding of the universe. This workshop aims at bringing together at CERN neutrino experts to discuss recent progress in this area.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Prospects on measuring leptonic CP violation and the neutrino mass matrix
- Non-standard searches in future neutrino experiments
- Neutrinoless double-beta decay
- Charged lepton flavour violation, lepton EDMs
- Neutrino physics in colliders
- Neutrino masses and theories of flavour
- Neutrinos in cosmology: neutrino DM and DE connections, baryogenesis
- Neutrinos in astrophysics: origin of PeV neutrinos, SuperNova neutrinos, neutrinos and GW
This will be the kick-off activity of the CERN Theory Neutrino Platform and will be carried out in coordination with the Fermilab Theory group. This meeting will be pivotal in defining the future activities of the platform.
The program will consist of selected overview talks in the mornings, and informal topical sessions in the afternoons, including ample time for discussions. Talks are by invitation only, if you are interested in giving a talk please contact the organizers.
Registration: The attendance will be limited to around 80 people. There is no registration fee. Applications to attend will be open until December 20th, 2016.
Organisers : G. Barenboim, P. Coloma, P. Hernandez, P. Huber, S. Pascoli, T. Schwetz