In order to have access to the Internet connection for your laptop, you need to register it via the online laptop registration form. Due to the large number of participants, we recommend that you register your laptop in advance, before your actual arrival to CERN.
TH department, CERN hostels and main buildings are also covered by EDUROAM network.
For register your device on the CERN network:
- Follow the link to the network connection request form
- Enter your data and the hardware address and card type of your device (you can register at the same time both wireless and ethernet hardware addresses of the same machine, but please register different devices separately)
- Enter your arrival and departure dates and the reason of your visit
as contact person select Gianolio Elena
You can register as many devices as you need in this way (please one registration for device)
Once at CERN, if you did not registered your device earlier or if something went wrong, just open a web browser and follow the indication you will get on it
Other computing issues
- Please read the CERN Computing rules and regulations
- Fixed terminal computer access: Unfortunately, due to computer security protocols at CERN, it will not be possible to provide an account to log in by using the fixed computer terminals on site. The only way to access the internet is by using your own laptops, see above.
- Laptop registration will be grant only to registered participants
- Assistance: For any computer problem, please contact
Elena Gianolio (Bldg. 4-2.014, tel. +41227674751 or +41754110579).