Wilhelm and Else Heraeus Physics School
The physics school "QCD - Old Challenges and New Opportunities" is held at the Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Sept 24 - 30, 2017. Applications from students and postdocs are encouraged. The participants have the opportunity to propose 15 min talks on their research topic, and are encouraged to present a poster in the poster session.
The school programme consists of invited lectures covering the many facets of QCD, of invited review talks from experiments at the HERA, RHIC, TEVATRON and CERN colliders, and of the participant talks selected for presentation.
This school is generously funded by the Wilhelm and Else Heraeus Foundation.
The school registration fee is 50 Euros, which includes the local costs of meals and accomodation.
- Constantia Alexandrou, ''QCD on the lattice''
- Mauro Anselmino, ''The three dimensional nucleon picture in QCD"
- Jochen Bartels, "BFKL dynamics in QCD and the soft Pomeron"
- Gilberto Colangelo, ''Chiral dynamics in QCD''
- Krzysztof Golec-Biernat, "Double parton distributions in QCD"
- Laszlo Jenkovszky, "QCD-inspired relation between cross sections of real and virtual particles"
- Frank Krauss, ''QCD processes at the LHC and the FCC"
- Alan Martin, ''Parton distributions in QCD"
- Otto Nachtmann, ''The Tensor- Pomeron concept for soft and hard reactions in QCD"
- Mike Pennington, ''Schwinger-Dyson approach to QCD"
- Adam Szczepaniak, "Exotic Spectroscopy of QCD: What to expect and ways to identify"
- Antoni Szczurek, ''Double parton scattering in QCD, its identification and exploration''
- Chung-I Tan, "The AdS/CFT correspondence in QCD"
- Oleg Teryaev, ''Polarisation in QCD: From hadronic to heavy-ion collisions''
- Raju Venugopalan, ''Multiparticle production in QCD at high energies''
Invited Review Talks
- Tetyana Galatyuk, ''Experimental search for signals of chiral symmetry restoration in heavy-ion collisions''
- Agnieszka Luszczak, " xFitter project- an open source QCD fit framework"
- Christina Mesropian, "Soft and hard QCD processes at the TEVATRON''
- Alessia Tricomi, ''QCD processes in cosmic air showers''
- Katarzyna Wichmann, "Soft and hard QCD processes at HERA''
- The ALICE Collaboration, ''Soft and hard QCD processes in ALICE''
- The ATLAS Collaboration, "Soft and hard QCD processes in ATLAS''
- The CMS Collaboration, ''Soft and hard QCD processes in CMS''
- The LHCb Collaboration, ''Soft and hard QCD processes in LHCb''
- The TOTEM Collaboration, "Soft and hard QCD processes in TOTEM"
- The STAR/PHENIX Collaboration, ''Soft and hard QCD processes at RHIC''
- The EIC Collaboration, ''Soft and hard QCD processes at the Electron-Ion collider EIC''
R. Schicker, Phys. Inst., University Heidelberg
A. Szczurek, Institute of Nuclear Physics, PAN Cracow, and Rzeszow University