Trips and excursions outside of the scope of the workshop can be organized and booked online through Visit Ljubljana or Outdoor Slovenia. There are of course many oportunities to explore Ljubljana, European green capital 2016 on foot.
Here are some interesting facts about Slovenia, from which you can get some travel hints:
- unspoilt nature, good quality of life, very diverse
- only one in Europe that combines the Alps, the Mediterranean, the Pannonian Plain and the Karst
- in a single day: pick autumn fruits in the morning, swim in the Adriatic in the afternoon, night skiing in the evening
- 3rd most forested in Europe behind Finland and Sweden.
- more than 28,000 wineries (one vineyard or winery for every 70 people
- Maribor, Slovenia’s second-largest city, is home to the oldest vine in the world
- one of the richest countries in Europe in terms of water
- over 7,000 kilometres of mountain hiking trails with 165 mountain huts and bivouacs
- Lipica with white Lipizzaner horses with incredible learning ability and their dancing skill -worldwide tourist attraction
- Postojna Cave – the most visited in the world
There are many other sightseeing or recreational activities available in Slovenia, see the Official Travel Guide for ideas.