FWWG

→ Europe/Zurich
104/R-A10

104/R-A10

Participants: Jim, Stefan, Bobby, Francisca, Fernando, Piotr, Clara, Manuel, Oliver, Peter, Frank, Wayne 29th September 2006 1) Redundancy for FW Components At a previous meeting a request was made by CMS for the FW to support redundancy. All component developers were requested to take a look at this and estimate the amount of effort required. The following summarizes the responses: - FSM: Changes have already been made by Frank to allow this to run. He will pass back the changes to Clara. - Core/CAEN: No changes foreseen but would need testing. - DIP/DIM: Some changes required to not publish/subscribe when passive. Changes not felt to requiredextensive effort. - Alarm Handling/Trending: Some fairly minor changes required. - Installation Tool: Only fairly minor changes required if installation to redundant pair done independently for each. - ConfigDB: Nothing. - FSMConfig: Nothing. - Access Control: Only minor changes. - Rack: Nothing. - ELMB: Nothing. As it looks fairly straightforward to modify the components to run in redundant systems it was agreed to go ahead. Frank noted that the only urgent item was the DIP API Manager. Oliver will discuss this with Mathias. IT/CO will set-up a test environment with a redundant system combined with distribution. 2) Retrieval Strategy for PVSS Oracle Archiving The current implementation requires a remote system to request the data via the system which wrote the data. This obviously has performance implications. In general the experiments will have separate Oracle accounts and hence schemas for each sub-detector. Hence in order to be able to retrieve the data from another system it will be necessary to know the name of the user account. As this information is stored data points then it is assumed that it should not be difficult to implement a method to obtain it. Manuel will request this functionality. 3) A.o.B. Stefan asked whether anything was planned with the porting of the CMS 3-D visualization tool to Qt. Wayne stated that a proposal is being worked on and should be available by the end of October. Clara asked how CMS was handling the issue of opening up a panel from a remote system. Bobby replied that CMS had a central network repository accessible from all systems. However, this does not prevent a system from creating a different version in the local system. Frank noted that the central DCS team was handling the installation of systems, including the creation of the config file for all sub-detectors and hence had full control over the set-up. 4) Next Meeting The next meeting will take place on Friday 13th October at 14:00 in 14/4-002.
There are minutes attached to this event. Show them.
The agenda of this meeting is empty