The CESP application process happens first and foremost through applying for CERN's Short-Term Internship Programme. However, it is important to remark that there are some additional elements connected to applying to CESP. To be considered for CESP, please complete all the steps below.
Apply through CERNs Short-Term Internship Programme:
- First you need to create a CERN career user account. If you already have a CERN career user account, you can log in directly and skip step 2. If not, click 'register now' and complete your profile filling in all necessary information.
- Your account is now registered. Click here to start your application.
- Fill in personal information, information about your education and then specific information connected to the Short-Term Internship Programme. Remember that the application is general and not tailored for CESP. Therefore, please choose 'Knowledge Transfer & Innovation Management' as field of study. Important: In order to be considered for the CERN Entrepreneurship Student Programme, you will have to indicate that you are applying specifically for this programme, by mentioning “CESP” in your answer to the question 'Give a brief outline of the type of work you would like to do at CERN'.
- In the menu on your right, under 'My Profile', click 'My CV and Documents'. Upload your most recent CV as well as a copy of your ID/passport.
- Specific to CESP (please remember to complete also this step): Upload your academic transcript, two independent reference letters (from professors, previous employers etc.) as well as a motivation letter ('letter'), describing why YOU should be selected (250 words maximum). The documents need to be in pdf format.
- Fill out a short questionnaire (TBA)
In order to be considered for the programme, you will have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- You must remain registered (at your institute/university) as a Master's student during your stay at CERN. Please note that the selected candidates will have to fill in a “home institution declaration” signed by their university which is required for establishing the contract.
- Your Master's programme should ideally focus on entrepreneurship or similar (if not, the application should clearly elaborate on other activities and initiatives that gives you the relevant experience and/or knowledge within entrepreneurship). Moreover, you should preferably have a strong technical background.
- You need to be over 18 years old.
- CERN's Short-Term Internship Programme also states that you need to have adequate financial resources to support yourself and accompanying family. CESP will however cover your main costs for the five-week stay.
Information specific to CESP
It is important to remark that even though you will formally apply through CERN's Short-Term Internship Programme, CESP has it's own terms and conditions on top of the basic requirements for the Internship Programme. It is especially important to note that you will not receive the 1500 CHF which is stated on Short-Term Internship Programme’s website. However, CESP will adequately reimburse you for your travel as well as cover your accommodation and your daily meals during the five-week stay at CERN.
CESP have different deadlines compared to the Internship Programme:
- The applications opened March 15th
- The applications close April 30th
- Final selection May 20th