As organisers of this conference, we feel responsability for its environmental impact, and will do our best to minimize it. We believe that as a community, we should take our share on this matter. Here is a list of suggestions to help us in this goal.
- Favor the train, bus, or car sharing options to reach the conference site. A helpful website for international train travel can be found here. If you have to take the plane, consider offsetting your carbon footprint via websites such as this one.
- Within Geneva, it is extremely easy, fast, cheap (and green!) to reach CERN by public transport, either from the train or bus stations, or from the airport: see this page for more detail. Prefer this option over a taxi.
- During your travels, favor local, organic, or seasonal food. Avoid packaging.
- If possible, bring your own, reusable cup to coffee breaks.
- The CERN restaurants offer a reasonable variety of vegetarian and vegan food.
- Tap water in Switzerland is drinkable. There are water dispensers in the theory department and in the canteen; no need to buy plastic bottles.