Welcome Reception - Monday 18:20
On Monday evening we will have a welcome reception in the SuperC building, one of the most emblematic buildings of the RWTH. Enjoy the view of the city from the top floor!
Social Activities - Tuesday 17:30
On Tuesday we offer a choice of several different social activities. You can make your choice when registering.
- Walking Tour of Aachen: get to know the rich history of the city and explore its incredible architecture.
- Scavenger Hunt: want to explore the hidden corners of the city while solving puzzles and discovering the favourite spots of the locals? This activity is for you!
- Social Games: how good are you at advanced versions of musical chairs? What about driving trains with your eyes closed? Have fun for a couple of hours during a series of games designed to consolidate team spirit and get to know other participants better! The activity will take place in the main conference building and will be animated by members of the Aachen cosmology group.
- LaserTag: for the adrenaline seekers, we will provide a shuttle to the local LaserTag venue, where you can let out all of your energy and get in your weekly workout! This activity has an additional cost of 16 euro per participant, to be paid on registration.
- Carolus Thermen: the Romans settled in Aachen for its hot springs. Why not enjoy one of the most relaxing spas in the city? This activity has an additional cost of 12 euro (plus optional extras) per participant, to be paid on location.
- Not convinced by any of our suggestions? Feel free to explore the city on your own! Don't miss the tasty chocolate at the local Lindt Factory, or maybe relax in the Aachen Cat Cafe with the friendly cats!
Conference Dinner - Wednesday 20:00
On Wednesday we will have a conference dinner in the historic Krönungssaal, in the Aachen Town Hall. This spectacular hall, built in 1349, was used to crown many emperors, and today it is used for the prestigious International Charlemagne Prize. We will make sure you don't leave hungry or thirsty!