A quote famously attributed to Isaac Asimov is "the most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not `Eureka' but `That's funny ...'.'' Neutrino physics is arguably a field of research where this phrase can be heard rather frequently. Therefore, the goal of this workshop, hosted by the CERN Neutrino Platform, is to discuss recent progress in neutrino physics, as well as the potential of future neutrino facilities.
- New theoretical and experimental results on the short baseline anomalies
- Improving our knowledge about neutrino cross sections and the properties of neutrino beams
- Astrophysical neutrinos and neutrino telescopes
- New Physics searches with the near detectors of neutrino beam facilities
- Connections between neutrino physics and collider physics
- Neutrinoless double beta decay
- Neutrinos in cosmology
- Models of the neutrino sector
Registration: Attendance will be limited to around 80 participants. There is no registration fee. Applications to attend will be open until August 31st, 2019.
Travel support: Limited funds are available to support some participants' expenses.