This school of high energy physics have been organized under the auspices of Sultan Qaboos University.
Goals of the school
The goal of the school is to give extensive courses on the basic topics of theoretical, computational and experimental particle physics for the Omani as well as regional graduate students. The prospective outcome of the school is to establish qualified members capable to join the Omani national project related to CMS experiment of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN.
Topics of the school lectures
- Introduction to Particle Physics and Standard Model
- Latest Results of LHC Experiments
- Cosmology & High Energy Astrophysics
- Computation and Analysis Tools
- Instrumentation for HEP
- CMS Muon System Upgrade (RPC, GEM).