At this workshop we plan to have topical discussions on Data and Analysis Preservation and related topics such as Open Data. After an update of the different experiment activities and plans in this area (morning session) we plan to focus on possible funding strategies, the role of WLCG sites, missing resources & services, joint activities & policies (afternoon.session).
Please note: the afternoon session takes place in 31/S-028
Expected of resource evolution (eg 3y horizon): storage/cpu for DP, RA, OD ?
What software or service needs (sh/c)ould be common?
Which are experiment responsibility?
Do we expect FAs to require data management plans
- and to create additional resources to implement them?
- to protect the existing resource levels?
- to affect only new science projects?
Are open data activities expected help preservation?
- do we expect additional / separate funding?
- do we expected OD risks to be manageable?
Which services and resources are expected at different WLCG tier sites?
Which exist already eg for non-LHC preservation activities?
Which technical activities could profit from a common approach?
Which policy proposals could profit from a common approach?
- repository service level / procedures
- reproducible analysis as publishing requirement
- open data publishing latencies