The Workshop will be held on Zoom, through a standard meeting rather than a Webinar. There is a single link for all sessions that is available from a PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
Registered participants will receive the passcode by email.
We ask that participants, speakers and session chairs make note of the following:
- Please set your Zoom profile to display your first and last name.
- You will automatically be muted when you join the meeting. Only unmute yourself if the session chair calls on you to ask a question.
- Questions will be taken at the end of the talks (not during). To ask a question, use the "raise hand" feature on Zoom, and wait to be called on by the chairperson.
- Alternatively, you can ask a question through the chat feature (address the question to everybody rather than just the speaker or the chair), but verbal questions will be given priority.
Before the talk:
- Even if you are a regular Zoom user, we need to check that your Zoom set-up functions properly. To help us do this, please join the meeting 20 minutes before the daily session begins. If your time zone does not permit you to join early, we can try to find a convenient time. Make sure, during the tests, that your screen sharing works.
During the talk:
- The chair will ask for you to unmute yourself and share your screen in full screen mode right before your talk begins, and moderate questions at the end. Make sure to disable alert tones (from incoming mail, etc) on your computer.
- The chair will give you chat/verbal alerts with 5 minutes and then with 1 minute remaining in your talk.
- If your screen sharing is broken but your audio still works, the chair will display your slides.
After the talk:
- After the chair thanks you, be sure to stop sharing your screen and mute yourself.