The XI NExT PhD Workshop will take place from 28 June to 2 July 2021. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to hold this event face-to-face, and the workshop will be held virtually using Zoom.
This workshop is a compulsory event for the cohort of NExT PhD students who started in September 2020.
The workshop comprises 15 hours of lectures by world experts in particle physics on the most recent ideas to search for new physics at colliders and beyond.
Students will have the opportunity to present their own work through lightning talks and discussion sessions, where they will have the possibility to interact with the lecturers in a stimulating and supporting environment.
The workshop is anticipated to moreover feature sessions on careers advice, public engagement, and employer engagement.
Fees. Attendance is free of charge.
Programme and topics
The programme and timetable are currently under construction.
- Gravitational waves as new physics probes (Pedro Schwaller, University of Mainz)
- Precision physics for discovery (Giulia Zanderighi, MPI Munich)
- Effective field theories beyond colliders (Emmanuel Stamou, EPFL Lausanne)
- New strategies for discovery at the LHC (Josh McFayden, University of Sussex)
- From particle physics to quantum gravity (Astrid Eichhorn, University of Odense)
Student talks. PhD students are encouraged to discuss their research in dedicated sessions of 5-minute lightning talks. There will be prizes for the best talks!