The workshop will be held on 9-13th May 2022
Please note that the event is foreseen to be held in a hybrid form, with a large in-person attendance. We don't anticipate any issue with that, buf of course in case of national (COVID) emergency we may have to move it back to online-only form.
You will have to arrange for your own accommodation, either in the CERN Hostel (https://edh.cern.ch/Hostel/, subject to room availability) or in nearby hotels.
Please make sure to be registered to firstname.lastname@example.org CERN egroup, to be informed of any unforeseen circumstance.
This is the fifth annual workshop of the LPCC inter-experimental machine learning working group at CERN. It will take place at CERN with remote participation made possible.
The structure is the following :
- Monday 9th May: Tutorials (starting at 13:00 GVA)
- Tuesday 10th May : Plenary (all day long)
- Wednesday 11th May-Friday 13th May: workshop sessions (all day long)
The bulk of the workshop is built from contributed talks. For the contributed talks, the following Tracks have been defined:
- ML for object identification and reconstruction
- ML for analysis : event classification, statistical analysis and inference, including anomaly detection
- ML for simulation and surrogate model : Application of Machine Learning to simulation or other cases where it is deemed to replace an existing complex model
- Fast ML : Application of Machine Learning to DAQ/Trigger/Real Time Analysis
- ML infrastructure : Hardware and software for Machine Learning
- ML training, courses, tutorial, open datasets and challenges
- ML for astroparticle
- ML for phenomenology and theory
- ML for particle accelerators