11th International Workshop on Ring Imaging Cherenkov Detectors
12-16 September 2022
This conference is dedicated to the memory of Jacques Séguinot, one of the inventors of the Ring Imaging Cherenkov technique, who passed away on 12 October 2020. More information is provided here.
The Workshop will present the “state of the art” and the future developments in Cherenkov light imaging techniques for applications in High Energy Physics, Nuclear Physics and Astroparticle Physics. The conference is organized in plenary sessions of invited and contributed talks, and poster presentations. The list of topics includes:
• Cherenkov light imaging in particle and nuclear physics experiments;
• Cherenkov light imaging in neutrino and astroparticle physics experiments;
• Pattern recognition and data analysis;
• R&D for future experiments;
• Photon detection techniques for Cherenkov imaging counters;
• Technological aspects and applications of Cherenkov light detectors.
The preliminary programme consists of nine half-day scientific sessions, together with a social programme, including an excursion and a banquet. Participants are encouraged to arrive on Sunday evening on the 11th of September in time for a stroll through the centre of Edinburgh up to the historic castle. The conference will end on Friday 16th of September afternoon.
The RICH2022 workshop is expected to take place in-person, in accordance with the UK guidelines. The status of the pandemic will be monitored and updated if required.
For any further details, please contact the organizers.