If you have received an Invitation Letter, you will be required to pay the school's registration fee. The deadline for payment of the fee is:
Sunday 20 March 2022
If you have been offered a place at the school and we have not received your fee by this date, you risk losing your place at the school and it being offered to another applicant.
The total fee of the School is EUR 550 per participant for accommodation in a shared twin room, and EUR 750 per participant for accommodation in a single room.
The fee covers:
- Tuition and handouts.
- Accommodation in a single room, or in a shared twin room, with private bathroom, from Sunday 1 May to Saturday 7 May.
- All breakfast, lunches and coffee breaks, starting from Sunday 1 May evening to Saturday 7 May morning.
- All organized social activities (three special dinners, excursion etc.).
- Transport from Ajaccio airport to IESC institute on Sunday 1 May, and back to the airport on Saturday 7 May morning (details will be provided at a later date).
The fee does NOT cover:
- Travel expenses from the participants' home location or working place to IESC institute, and back (except for the shuttle bus between the Ajaccio airport and IESC on Sunday 1 May and on Saturday 7 May - details will be provided at a later date.)
- Costs of the evening meals (except for the three special dinners, provided by the school).
- The cost of a travel visa where required.
- Any extra cost incurred during the stay (including private excursions, private expenses at the accommodation, private transport costs, private meals etc.) will not be covered by the school organization.
- Any cost incurred by a participant not following the official excursion or social programme (e.g. meal cost of a participant not attending an excursion which includes a meal) will not be covered by the school organization.
- Any other expenses not explicitly mentioned as included in the fee.
The school will neither arrange accommodation nor will cover any cost associated with an extended stay of participants in Cargèse or on the island of Corsica. Participants arriving before Sunday 1 May, or leaving after Saturday 7 May morning must organize their extended stay themselves.
In some cases (eg. applications from developing countries), applicants may be considered for financial support towards the School fee.
Please note that any consideration of support depends on your specific circumstances, as well as how many requests we receive. Therefore we cannot - and will not - provide you an estimate before we receive your and other requests.
If you wish to make a request for financial support, please send an e-mail to Computing.School@cern.ch (before 23 January 2022) to make an official request, explaining why you wish to be considered for financial support.
There are two ways to pay:
- TID - for participants located at CERN and/or with CERN internal transfer capabilities.
- Bank transfer - for participants external to CERN and/or with no CERN internal transfer capabilities.
TID and bank transfer details will be provided in the Invitation Letter.