Swimming pools in Reykjavík:
You can find all the information (opening hours, price, and directions) on swimming pools in Reykjavik in this website.
Some classical trips around Reykjavík:
- The golden circle: The Geysir Geothermal Area, Gullfoss Waterfall and Thingvellir National Park. You can pick one of the tours offered by Reykjavik Excursions or Golden Circle Iceland.
- The Blue Lagoon: The milky-blue geothermal spa is close to the airport. To book an experience, you can either visit the dedicated website or book via Reykjavik Excursions.
- The Sky Lagoon: For something a bit closer, you can visit the new Sky Lagoon that is in Kopavogur. To book an experience, you can either visit the dedicated website or book via Reykjavik Excursions, and to go there, you can just take the bus.
- Krýsuvík Geothermal Area and Kleifarvatn Lake: Close to the Blue Lagoon, you also have the options to explore the Reykjanes Peninsula further. You can book an experience here. The price for the Blue Lagoon is not included, but you do not have to enter, you can also walk around the lagoon and stop at the cafeteria there.
- Barnafoss and Hraunfossar: These are two beautiful waterfalls about 2 hours from Reykjavik. On your way, you can also stop by Reykholt, the home of Snorri Sturluson, a legendary writer, historian, Chieftan, and law speaker.
- Snæfelssness: 3 hours from Reykjavik, you can also visit this beautiful peninsula rich in its natural features such as waterfalls, rocks, and beaches, and a subglacial volcano sitting in the middle of it. It is also home to the Snællfellsjökull National Park.
There are many other possible day-tours and excursions, organized by tour companies. Here we collect some websites:
Other general info about Iceland can be found here:
Some hiking/swimming pool around Reykjavík:
- Valley-Museum-Swimming pool in Reykjavik. There is a nice Open air Museum. It is open round the year, but you should check just in case. Very close to it, there is one of the swimming pool, which has a beautiful view of the valley. There is also a nice path to walk around the Elliðaárdalur valley.
- Nauthólsvík Geothermal Beach: Close to Reykjavik City Airport, you can also visit this human-made hot spring, with nice restaurants and a beautiful walk along the fjords. It is beautiful in the summer, one can run, walk there or just stop by for a coffee, I guess now it depends on the weather.