How to get to CERN:
Travelling by plane, from Geneva International Airport - Cointrin
- Shuttle - Please note that between 8h00 and 19h30 during weekdays there is a regular free shuttle service between CERN and the airport. The shuttle bus leaves from the Departure level Door 1. Tell the driver you are a participant to the school. Please consult the timetable here
Bus - The International Airport of Geneva offers all arriving passengers a free "Tout Geneve" ticket, valid for 80 minutes, available from the automatic ticket machine situated in the baggage reclaim zone, just before customs control.
Then you can
- take bus Y direction "CERN" and get off at the CERN stop opposite the large Globe and the CERN site.
- or take bus 23, 28 or 57 and get off at "Blandonnet" and then catch tram 18, final stop "CERN".
- Taxi - approximately 35CHF
Travelling by train, from Geneva railway Station - Cornavin
Tramway - Take tramway number 18 to CERN. Ticket costs 3 CHF (Ticket "Tout Genève" on the ticket machine).
See the TPG web site for full details.
Travelling by car
Follow signs for "Aéroport", "Lyon" and "Meyrin". Once you are in Meyrin, follow signs for "St. Genis" (France). Before reaching St. Genis, the CERN site is on your left on "route de Meyrin", just before you reach the border
From France (département of Ain):
Follow signs for "Gex" or "St. Genis". When you reach the border, CERN is on your right immediately after passing through customs.
First access to the CERN site:
During working hours, please go to the Reception Desk in Building 33
(Opening hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 to 18:00, Saturday 09:00 to 17:00)
- Outside working hours, use entrance B (open 24h/24)
All participants to the school will receive an official badge upon registration, either on Tuesday August 27 pm or during the morning of Wednesday August 28.
Here you will find a detailed map of the buildings in the various CERN Sites.