10th International Workshop on High-pT Physics in the RHIC/LHC era
The purpose of this workshop is to offer an opportunity for experimentalists and theoreticians to get together and discuss experimental results from RHIC and LHC - before the start of its secound run - and theoretical developments. Focus will also be given to high pT physics in pA collisions especially at the LHC energies. Emphasis will be given on discussion over a large scope : high-pT physics, jets, photons, correlations, hard scattering and hard probe phenomena.
The main topics of the workshop are :
- Nuclear modifications of the parton distribution functions
- High pT jet production in pp, pA and AA
- High pT parton propagation in matter
- Nuclear modifications of the fragmentation functions
- Correlations with leading particles
- Direct photon and heavy flavor tagging
- Heavy flavors and Quarkonia
- Multi parton interactions
The meeting is in a workshop format, with only plenary presentations and ample room for discussion between the presentations. The workshop will start on Tuesday 9th of September at SUBATECH/Mines Nantes and will end Friday 12th of September before lunch.
The workshop poster can be found here
The regular registration fee is 150€. It will include:
- Coffee breaks and 3 lunches
- A dinner in a restaurant located downtown
- A social event which will be defined soon
- Workshop proceedings
Please submit your abstracts using the link on the left.
Any accompanying person willing to join the social event and/or dinner, will have to pay the corresponding fee: 25€ and 70€ respectively (included for regular participant).
We will be offering a limited number of financial supports for PhD students and young postdocs (within two years of the completion of their Ph.D). In order to apply, please send a recommendation letter to us or upload it using the registration form.
In case of any questions, please contact the local organizers