Dear participants of MPCS2015,
This is to provide you with the final information before the start of
our conference in a week.
1. The time schedule and the book of abstracts of the conference are available
from its web page (choose from the menue on the left for a download or the
printer ready version from the area marked as "Materials").
2. The time schedule consists of plenary session in the morning and two
parallel session in the afternoon. Please check that your scheduled
time is not in conflict with your plans.
3. IMPORTANT: The first plenary session on Wed. 30 September will take
place at the Department of Physics of Yerevan State University,
Alex Manoogian, str. 1, at the Conference Hall on the second floor.
The Physics Department is located about 5 min drive or 15 min walk
from the Guesthouse. A taxi from Guesthouse to the Department will
cost 600 AMD (about 1.5 Euro).
All the remaining session will be held at the University Guesthouse
either in the Main Hall on the 3rd floor or in the Small Hall on
the second floor (parallel sessions devoted to comology and relativity).
4. Social program: Accoding to the time-schedule the organizers have arranged
for an excursion to the Garni and Geghard, see:
There will be a social dinner as well as a tour to the wine and congnac
factory (the latter after the end of the conference).
If you are staying longer in Armenia you can book organized tours with local
companies, see http://www.hyurservice.com/eng/trips_reg_eng.ph
5. Arrival: Upon arriving at the Zvartnots International Airport please take
a taxi to your hotel or Guesthouse. Before the entrance to the arrival hall
there is a serivce point of "Aerotaxi" and you can ask them directly for a
car. Otherwise, going outside of the arrival hall you will see the marked
taxies of the "Aerotaxi" company. Do not take a ride with private drivers
who might offer you their services. The cost of the taxi to the center of
the city is about 6000 AMD (approx. 10 Euro). You can obtain reciept from
the driver. See the web page, http://aerotaxi.am
6. During your free time, apart from many Cafes and Restaurants, you can visit also:
- The Matenadaran - a unique exhibition of aincient manuscripts, http://www.matenadaran.am
- The National Gallery of Armenia, http://www.gallery.am
- Cafesjian Center for the Arts, http://www.cmf.am/
- Yerevan Modern Art Museum, http://mamy.am/index.php/en/
A list of other museums can be found here:
There is an active musical program going on during the September-October months
in Yerevan. Please check the schedule of the National Philharonic Orchestra
at http://apo.am and National Balet and Opera theater http://www.opera.am
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of questions.
Looking forward to your participation in the Conference.