Transportation from Geneva (town or airport)
→ From Geneva Cointrin Airport:
- Take the bus number 28 from outside the airport to Blandonnet. From Blandonnet take the number 56 bus to its terminus at the CERN entrance. Ticket costs 3.00CHF (Ticket "Tout Genève" on the ticket machine). For further details, please visit the Transports Publics Genevois website.
- The International Airport of Geneva is offering all arriving passengers a free "Tout Genève" ticket, which is valid for 80 minutes. The ticket is available from the automatic ticket machine situated in the baggage reclaim zone and permits you to use public transport in the city of Geneva on the day of your arrival only, and must be accompanied by your boarding pass. Further details may be found on the Geneva Airport website.
→ From Geneva Cornavin Train Station:
- Take the tram number 14 or 16 to Avanchet. From Avanchet take the number 56 bus marked to its terminus at the CERN entrance. Ticket costs 3.00CHF (Ticket "Tout Genève" on the ticket machine). For further details, please visit the Transports Publics Genevois website.
If you will require accommodation during your visit to CERN, we kindly suggest that you make arrangements at one of the following options:
- CERN hostel (CERN housing page)
- Local hotels (list of hotels with special rates for CERN activities)
Those wishing to stay at the CERN hostel should be aware that the deadline for reservations is September 7th. When making the reservation, please remember to mention that you are a participant in the WPCF workshop. For more information on the rates and policies of the CERN hostel please click here.If you stay in the Balladins hotel for the night of 13th, please see the attached map for the location of the hotel with respect to CERN.