Project(s) or EGEE activity presenting the demo or poster (project or activity names only)
EDGeS is an FP7 project working in strong collaboration with EGEE-3 in order to extend the EGEE infrastructure with DG systems and to port EGEE applications for this extended EGEE infrastructure.
Special requirements other than the set up mentioned in the CfA text.
No special requirements.
EDGeS developed a bridging technology by which the resources of EGEE VOs can be extended with inexpensive desktop grid (DG) resources. This technology is now in production and applied for several applications developed by the EGEE community. The goal of this demo is to show
1. how a usual EGEE VO can extend its resource with DG resources that are coming either from a public DGs or private DGs.
2. how existing EGEE application can be ported and executed on such extended EGEE VO systems
3. those EGEE application that were already ported to the extended EGEE-EDGeS infrastructure: fusion, biomedical, e-market place, etc.
4. how the gLite CLI can be used to submit such applications into the extended EGEE-EDGeS infrastructure
5. how the P-GRADE portal can be used to transparently submit such applications into the extended EGEE-EDGeS infrastructure
6. how a new public DG system (specialized to support EGEE applications and called as EGEE@home) has been set up and used for EGEE users.