We present the details of GridSpace platform which serves
as a basis for the virtual laboratory developed in PL-Grid project.
In GridSpace, the high-level notation for composition of complex
applications is based on the Ruby scripting language.
To provide an easy access to different computing and data resources,
we have introduced a grid object abstraction level hierarchy.
The Virtual Laboratory is equipped with tools for user-friendly
experiment creation and execution, enabling reusing of existing
experiments, gathering and exploiting provenance, as
well as integration of geographically-distributed compute and data
Virtual Laboratory has been applied to:
- execute important virological experiments in ViroLab,
- protein folding and structure comparison,
- data mining with the Weka library,
- computational chemistry - to develop and run series of
Gaussion application on EGEE.
- as an education tool in computer science classes.
Special requirements other than the set up mentioned in the CfA text.
Please indicate your preferred day to give a demo.
We will show the demo on PL-Grid booth.
Project(s) or EGEE activity presenting the demo or poster (project or activity names only)