The analysis of the difficulties the Earth scientists are facing shows the need for a global e-infrastructure supporting efficient data management, high-performance processing and e-collaboration for interoperation. Grid can be a solution and form the basis for a dedicated ES platform and infrastructure able to respond to the major ES challanges. Interoperability is a key issue in the development of such a platform. Compliance to widely used standards (opportunely enhanced as needed) for data management as well as for processing services provision, appears to be the response to the multidisciplinary user requirements. Starting from the cooperation set up between EGEE ES cluster and GENESI-DR, this session will be an opportunity to present and discuss different aspects such as data federation, data discovery, digital right management for data, data access, metadata schemas, and visualization.
The presentation will cover the following topics
- Collaboration GENESI-DR and EGEE ES (1 presentation R.Cossu, L.Fusco - ESA or EGEE-ES cluster )
- GEO/GEOSS and OGC progress in global architecture experimentations (GEOGRID, SEE-GRID-SCI, EnviroGRIDS, EuroGEOSS, OpenSearch GEO extensions...) (4-5 presentations - potential speakers to be invited: Y.Tanaka, D.Gorgan, G.Giuliani, M.Craglia, P.Gonvalves)
- e-IRG Data Management Task Force plans for interoperability and standardisation (1 presentation - speaker to be invited D.Vandromme)
Project(s) or EGEE activity presenting the demo or poster (project or activity names only)
GENESI-DR + EGEE/ES cluster
Session Description (include details of proposed agenda, potential speakers and expected outcomes)
- collaboration GENESI-DR and EGEE ES
- SEE-GRID-SCI and/or EnviroGRIDS
Special requirements other than the set up mentioned in the CfA text.
Please indicate your preferred day to give a demo.
GENESI-DR, EGEE/ES cluster, GEOGRID, SEE-GRID-SCI, EnviroGRIDS, EuroGEOSS, e-IRG