Monday 12 June: Training Day
• Morning and afternoon: Lectures and hands-on activities
Treatment planning workshop (Jörgen Olofsson, Ingrid Kristensen, Petra Witt):
- Introduction to treatment planning
- Hands-on treatment planning
Proton research workshop:
Meet proton researchers and get the chance to interactively discuss:
- Motion management
Target group: physicians, physicists, RTTs and researchers in these fields.
Prerequisites: the treatment planning workshop will start from a basic level, and everybody can participate regardless of previous experience with proton planning.
• Evening: ENLIGHT dinner in the city centre.
Tuesday 13 June: ENLIGHT Annual Meeting
• Welcome by Cai Grau and Manjit Dosanjh
• Introductory talk:
- Current status of particle therapy in Europe and beyond.
• Clinical trials and critical data (with a panel for discussion about the outcome and the issues):
- Carbon ion therapy clinical outcomes;
- The multicenter oriented data collection approach;
- Clinical trial of proton therapy in breast cancer;
- The Dutch model-based patient selection.
• Imaging, new perspectives for particle therapy:
- INSIDE project;
- Clinical experience with prompt-gamma imaging.
• Present status of Radiobiology: pre-clinical data and implications for therapy
- Measurements for dosimetry;
- Measurements for radiobiology;
- Future radiobiology.
• Session for poster prize winners
• Announcement of the next ENLIGHT meeting in UK