Dear Hep2018 participant,
You are receiving this e-mail because you have registered for participating in the Hep2018 conference to be held on Valparaíso, Chile, from 8th to 12th, January 2018 at the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María.
The registration period has been closed on December 22nd and we are now wrapping up the remaining details regarding the organization of the conference.
The program (timetable) of the conference is available here for your review.
Please check whether your talk is scheduled according to your own travel schedule, and let us know as soon as possible if this is not the case.
If you marked in your preferences, during registration, that you wanted to give a talk and you are not in the schedule please let us know.
The online payment will be available until December 31st, 2017: online payment after this date the webpage will be disabled.
If you have performed the payment online, or you plan to do it, you need to bring a copy of the receipt with youat the registration desk.
We kindly ask you to fill the following form which will be used to collect information about: your travel dates, place of lodging and food preferences (vegetarian or not, allergies, etc).
This information will be useful to coordinate the transportation from the Airport to your Hotel and the bus stops schedule from Viña and/or Valparaíso to the conference venue (and back), during the days of the conference.
Important note for people who need a transport from the airport to their Hotel (and back): Please consider that this service is external to the organization and to the University, we will only help with the coordination. Once the journey is completed, the passenger can make the payment for the service directly with the driver. The cost of travel can be between 25,000 and 85,000 depending on whether the service is private or shared (this is subject to availability and to the programming of the company)
For the lunches, for those people who are vegetarians or have food allergies please inform us before January 2nd by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by writing your preferences in the form liked above.
About the extension activities:
· On Monday 8th there will be a reception cocktail from 18:00 to 20:00, this will take place in “El Patio del Cañon”, a viewpoint to the bay and the city of Valparaíso, which is part of the University campus.
· The Conference dinner will be at “Ristorante San Marco”, located in Avda. San Martín 597, Viña del Mar, between 20:00 and 23:00 on Tuesday 9th. The cost per person will be 30,000 CLP (50 USD or 40 EUR) and the payment must be made on Monday 8th in cash and this is not included in the fee. Attached you will find the menu (a vegetarian menu will be announced later).
· The excursions are scheduled for Wednesday and will be offered by the tourism agency Archiletours, you can ask them about the options of tours directly in their desk during the first two days of the conference (Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th).
· We cordially invite you to participate in the public lecture "Gravitational-wave observations with LIGO & Virgo" by Dr. Christopher Berry from the University of Birmingham to be held on January 11th between 18:30 and 19:30 in the Aula Magna of Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María.
· Also for people staying in the region the weekend before or after the conference, the University has a 1st level agenda of cultural activities:
o On January 6th the pianist Roberto Bravo will give his Íntimo II concert with the participation of the invited saxophonist George Gratzer (see attached picture).
o On January 12th -13th there will be the stage plays performed by Teatro Mori: Nuestras Mujeresy Alicia en el espejo, let us know if you are interested in attending some of them, we could try to get some free invitations.
We look forward to seeing all you all in Valparaíso!
Happy holidays !
The Hep2018 organizing committee