Regular Fee: Euro 350,00
Discounted Fee: Euro 290,00 (Only for young researchers with an accepted poster)
The fee includes:
- participation to all scientific sessions
- 4 lunches
- 8 coffee breaks
- 3 light early evening cocktails
- a cultural guided visit
Dinners, traveling and accommodation have to be considered at the participant's expense.
The Workshop will be held in Venice, Palazzo Franchetti-Istituto Veneto from March 18th to March 22nd, 2019
The program will be structured in:
- plenary sessions with invited talks followed by discussions
- a poster session (Thursday afternoon)
The poster session aims at involving particularly, but not limited to, young researchers with new brilliant ideas on the workshop’s topics of interest.
In order to better arrange your travel programs, please take note of this edition's timetable.
First Session will start on Monday, March 18th at 14:00
Last Session will end on Friday, March 22nd, approximately, at 14:00
Secretariat desk will be open for registration on Monday, March 18th from 12.30
As most of the recent editions, the XVIII edition will be held in Venice at "Palazzo Franchetti", the “Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti” second premise, one of the most noteworthy buildings in Venice right next to “Palazzo Loredan”, the Institute historic home since 1809.
Palazzo Franchetti is located in Campo S. Stefano, in the very heart of the city of Venice. The site and complexity of its spaces, its noble architecture and its garden overlooking the Grand Canal make it a modern Conference Center with all the necessary services.
The Local Organizing Committee is grateful to "Istituto Veneto" for hosting the event with the ususal courtesy and for the consolidated friendiship demonstrated.
LOGISTIC: How to reach the conference venue
“Palazzo Franchetti” is located at S. Marco, 2847, 30124 Venezia (Campo S. Stefano near Piazza San Marco).
From Marco Polo Airport
For those arriving by plane at Marco Polo Airport which is located about 13 km from Venice the easiest way to reach Venice is by sea.
ALILAGUNA is a public water taxi company which offers a service (the Lancione) that goes from the airport to "Calle Vallaresso", near Piazza San Marco, which is at a walking distance from the "Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti". The crossing takes abt. 1 hour 10 minutes. The Lancione connects more or less with all flights. The ticket for this boat (Lancione) costs € 13,00 and can be purchased at the ALILAGUNA taxi stand at the end of the arrival hall (opening hours: from 8 am to 11.30 pm).
For the timetable, please, see: www.alilaguna.it
You can also take a private water taxi from the airport directly to your final destination (about € 100,00 for 1-4 people).
From the airport you can also take:
- the public Bus (ATVO), Line 35 (the cost is € 3,00) to Piazzale Roma
- a land private taxi to Piazzale Roma (about € 40,00) and from there catch a public boat (Vaporetto) to the stop closest to your final destination
From the Central Rail Station
For those arriving by train at the Railway Station or by car at the parking garage at Piazzale Roma, there are several possibilities:
Vaporetto or Private "water taxi"
- To go directly to the "Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti" one can take the Vaporetto a/B>(ACTV), Line 1 or Line 2 (€ 6.50) and stop at "Accademia". It runs every 10 minutes from 7:00 until 21:00 and every 20/30 minutes, afterwards. From there you have to cross the "Ponte dell'Accademia" and on your right you will find “Palazzo Franchetti”.
- private water taxi from the Railway Station to your final destination (about € 70,00).
- If you prefer to walk you can follow this itinerary
The city is one of the most visited in the world, thus usually overcrowded.
The weather is usually chilly but luckily, due to the almost ending winter season, the Neutrino Conference week could be a pleasant one. Should not be so, consider the opportunity to have a warm coat with you for any case, especially during evening time.
There are many restaurants in the city but they all close early at night, unless they have received reservation for tables. We suggest you to always book in advance your table for dinner indicating the arrival time as well, in order to avoid a useless search for an open restaurant. (Make a call in the morning). Tips are not mandatory.