15th Rencontres du Vietnam
The 2019 MCnet Vietnam School on Monte Carlo Event Generators for the Large Hadron Collider will be held at ICISE, Quy Nhon, Vietnam, with arrival on Sunday September 15th and departure on Friday (afternoon) September 20th 2019.
The school provides a five day course of training in the physics and techniques used in modern Monte Carlo event generators via a series of lectures, practical sessions, and discussions with event-generator authors. The school is aimed at advanced doctoral students and young postdocs.
Our core sessions comprise a series of introductory lectures on the physics of event generators, further lectures on a wider range of associated topics, a series of hands-on tutorials using all of the MCnet event generators for LHC physics, and evening discussion sessions with Monte Carlo authors.
The full list of lectures is:
- Introduction to Event Generators - Stefan Gieseke (Karlsruher Institut für Technologie, Germany)
- From Lagrangians to Events - Olivier Mattelaer (Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium)
- Introduction to QCD - Steffen Schumann (Universität Göttingen, Germany)
- Collider Physics - Kaoru Hagiwara (KEK, Japan)
- Measurements and Monte Carlo - Jonathan Butterworth (University College London, UK)
- Registration deadline extended to 31 August 2019 (NEW !)
- From 28 July 2019: informing selection results
- 15 September 2019: Arrival of participants
- 20 September 2019: Departure of participants
For administrative matters (payment, visa, accommodation ...) contact:
Mrs. Aimie Fong (Secretary of the Rencontres du Vietnam)
Ms. Thao Ly (Secretary of ICISE)