***** COURSE POSTPONED TO END OF SEPTEMBER 2020 *****
Tutorial on Geant4 for users interested to improve their understanding and usage of Geant4. Appropriate for creating intermediate and advanced applications in any domain, with emphasis on topics most relevant to experiments in High Energy or Nuclear Physics. This is a tutorial course based on Geant4 version 10.6.
Lectures will cover the most advanced features of Geant4 starting from the basic building blocks covered in the beginners course, interspersed with discussion sessions.
The course is expected to be of interest to users with intermediate experience in Geant4 and familiarity with the toolkit. Participants are expected to have a reasonable knowledge of C++.
The cost for the course is 100 CHF. Pre-registration is required as capacity is limited. The course was created for users with CERN affiliation (experiment or other) who must register via the Learning Hub.
A limited number of places is expected to be available for 'external' Geant4 users until the registration deadline of March 7th. Please note that if you have requested a place in the course your registration will only be complete after you have paid the course fee.
Due to the measures for the coronavirus, the course will take place using the Vidyo Videoconferencing system. If you are unfamiliar with the Vidyo system, or wish to check how well you can hear / interact with us using it, please try to connect to one of the following test virtual meetings:
- Friday 13th March 15:30-17:00 using event https://indico.cern.ch/event/897312/
- Monday 16th March 11:00-12:30 and 16:00-17:00 - using event https://indico.cern.ch/event/897331/
- Basic knowledge of the C++ language
- Basic knowledge of MC simulation techniques
- Knowledge and basic experience in using the Geant4 simulation toolkit, having followed the Geant4 beginners course or equivalent knowledge
- Acquire deeper understanding of particle transport Monte Carlo
- Acquire additional knowledge and experience in using the Geant4 simulation toolkit