The 2021 CTEQ-MCnet Summer School will be held at the Hotel Amselgrundschlösschen, Rathen, Germany (about half an hour from Dresden), with arrival on Sunday evening September 5th and departure on Wednesday morning September 15th 2021. It is the 14th MCnet Summer School and 27th CTEQ School.
The school provides training on the physics at high energy colliders, particularly the LHC. We will have series of lectures on basic and more advanced topics, practical sessions, and evening discussions with the lecturers. The school is aimed at advanced doctoral students and young postdocs.
Our core sessions comprise a series of introductory lectures on the physics of Monte Carlo event generators, Electroweak Physics and Quantum Chromodynamics, further lectures on a wider range of associated topics, a series of hands-on tutorials using all of the MCnet event generators for LHC physics, and evening discussion sessions with all lecturers. The fee for the school is 850 Euro which covers food and lodging for the 10 days of the school.
Due to the uncertainty about the pandemic situation in September 2021, we will monitor the situation throughout the year and updates about the registration procedure will be provided here.
- Feb 23: First school announcement -- we expect to host the meeting in-person.
- Week of Apr 20: Applications open (nonbinding)
- 31 May: Processing of applications (nonbinding)
- June 21: Final commitment from selected applicants & start of fee payment.
- Sep 5: Welcome to Rathen!
Topics covered in the school will include the following.
Focused Introductory Reviews:
- Introduction to Monte Carlo Event Generators
- Introduction to QCD in the Standard Model
- Deeply Inelastic Scattering
- Higgs Boson Physics
- Vector Bosons / Direct Photons
- Production and Structure of High Energy Jets
- Heavy Quarks
In-depth Analysis and Phenomenology:
- Monte Carlo Tutorials
- Higgs at Hadron Colliders
- QCD/EWK/Top/Searches at Hadron Colliders
- Non-perturbative/soft physics
- Heavy Ions and Min Bias
- Higher-order QCD and EW Calculations
- Matching/Merging to Parton Showers