The Workshop will be held on the central campus of the Warsaw University of Technology. The venue is a newly constructed building of the Centre for Innovation and Technology Transfer Management (CZiTT). For those familiar with the campus and the location of the Building of Physics - the venue is aproximately 200 m from there.
The WUT campus can be reached easiest from the Warsaw Central Railway Station (Warszawa Centralna), either by a 10 min. walk or one-stop tram ride. The route is shown in the map below, please note the location of the CZiTT Building, which is to the left from the Faculty of Electronics and Faculty of Civil Engineering buildings.
The participants are expected to cover the costs of accomodation. The following options are available for accomodation:
- WUT guest rooms Polna 50, 00-644 Warszawa Tel. +48 22 234 55 96; Fax. +48 22 234 70 60 Approx. price: 149zł/night (single room), 228zł/night (double room; 114zł/person); without breakfast, Distance, additional info: from WUT 5-7 minutes on foot; shared bathroom - one per two rooms; only cash payment accepted.
The University guest house accomodation must be organized through the organizers - please indicate in the registration form if You would like to use it.
The following hotels are within short distance from the WUT campus:
- Hotel MDM (***) Pl. Konstytucji 1, 00-647 Warsaw
Approx. price: minimal: 45-130euro/night; breakfast included
Distance, additional info: from WUT by tram (number 35) from "Pl. Politechniki" to "Konstytucji" (3 tram stops; 3-4 minutes); on foot 5-10 minutes.
- Ibis budget Warszawa Centrum (dawny Etap hotel) Warszawa Centrum Zagórna 1,00-441 Warszawa Tel: +48 22 745 36 60 possible Fax: +48 22 622 55 01 http://www.etaphotel.com Approx. price: 150zł/night; Distance, additional info: from WUT 15 minutes by bus (number 159) from "Noakowskiego" to "Wiejska" and then 5-10 minutes on foot.
- Premiere Classe Hotel (*) Towarowa 2, 00-811 Warsaw
Approx. price: 37eur/night (August 6);Distance, additional info: from WUT 5 minutes on foot then 2 tram stops from "Dw. Centralny" to "Pl. Zawiszy" the whole distance 20-25 minutes on foot.
- Campanile Warszawa Hotel (**) Towarowa 2, 00-811 Warsaw Tel: +48 22 582 72 00
Approx. price: 48euro/night;
Distance, additional info: from WUT 5 minutes on foot then 2 tram stops from "Dw. Centralny" to "Pl. Zawiszy" the whole distance 20-25 minutes on foot.
How to get to 'Polna 50' WUT guest house from Airport or Main railway station
To get to 'Polna 50' WUT guest house from Warsaw airport 'Okęcie' take bus 188 and get out on the bus stop 'Metro Politechnika' (see maps). The hotel is ~5 min. on foot from the bus stop. Other possibility is to take a taxi. The Warsaw Airport is located 10 kilometers south from the center of Warsaw. The taxi will cost ~40zł.
To get to 'Polna 50' WUT guest house from Warsaw main railway station ('Dworzec Centralny' in Polish) take bus 405, 501, 502, 505, 514, 525,119 or 131 and get out on the bus stop 'Metro Politechnika'.
EU nationals do not need a visa to enter Poland, but a valid ID card or passport is required.
Non-EU nationals in general require a visa for stays in Poland. A visa is not required for semi-annual visits of up to three months for nationals of those countries for which the European Union has abolished the visa requirement. Nationals of countries which do not have a visa-waiver agreement with the European Union must obtain a visa. Detailed visa information is provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. List of countries together with visa requirenments can be found here: link.
Those who need visa should fill the corresponding fields in the registration form. In urgent visa cases one should contact the Organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org