Coming to the Annecy area
To reach our region, you have the choice through 2 main airports, in Lyon (France) or Geneva (Switzerland) or through a small one directly close to Annecy:
They are many direct trains from Paris (center) to Annecy (3h40): SNCF website
From the airports
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport (or Geneva "Gare routière") to the Annecy city center: Shuttles schedules, online booking
Unfortunately, the frequency of direct bus service from Geneva airport is quite low especially on Sunday. So, you may also take a bus to Annecy from Geneva “Gare Routière”. Then, you first need to take a train from the airport to Geneva center - Gare Cornavin (one every 10'), then walk 400m straightforward in direction of the lake to the bus station Geneva “Gare Routière”.
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy city center: Shuttles schedules, more Information
Cars can also be rented on arrival at the Geneva or Lyon airports.
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy town: see map
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux: see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy town: see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux: see map
By taxi or shared shuttle:
More expensive (about 80-100 Euros) than the bus, but attractive if you can share the transportation. For these compagnies, you have to book your place in advance.
- Actuel Taxi: online information & contact by email
- Geneva Airport Shuttle: online booking
- Ligne Directe: rates & online reservation
- TaxiAnnecy : online information & contact
Coming from the CERN to the LAPP
A google map with the main workshop locations can be found here
Coming from the Annecy city center to the LAPP
The price of the bus ticket is 1.40€, valid for one way and up to 1 connection.
From the Annecy city center to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux :
- Take bus No. 2 or No. 4. You can take them either at the main station, Vaugelas or Bonlieu stops (indicated in the Annecy center map below).
- If you take the bus No 2, make sure that the bus goes up to the stop CAMPUS. The buses indicated by V in the timetable do not go to CAMPUS
(but only to VIGNIERES).
- Stop at the terminus of the line, the stop name is "CAMPUS".
- Take the road up to the roundabout featuring a copper LEP accelerating cavity
- The LAPP is on the left at the roundabout, hidden behind the Polytech building.
Website of the public transport : Sibra
- From the Annecy train station to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map